Thursday, December 01, 2011

The American Dream...




In the midst of economic and political turmoil, it is difficult to imagine and embrace the fundamental values that we as Americans believe in; the things that make our country the greatest nation on earth. Sadly, these tough times have made too many middle class families believe that the American Dream is far from reality.
But I am writing to tell you that the American Dream does exist – and I am living proof of its incredible promise.
The son of migrant farm workers, I was able to rise from the fields of California and touch the sky on the Space Shuttle Discovery as an Astronaut, a lifelong goal I was able to achieve thanks to the promise of the American Dream. Now retired, I feel it is my obligation to help others achieve the American Dream just like I did.

No comments: